Monday, October 20, 2014

Caramel Filled Chocolate Chip, Peanut Butter Cookie


By the amount of ingredients listed in the title, you know it's going to be good. I've made them for a Bible study group, and they were a hit!

Inspired by a television show, How I Met Your Mother, I decided these cookies needed to be made. The character, lovingly dubbed as "The Mother", offers another character some cookies. They are named something a little unsavory, however, the way she described the pastry made me want to devour them.

This is my interpretation of the delicious inspiration; hope you enjoy them as much as we did!

Whole wheat flour is used in this recipe. It can easily be interchanged with white flour, however, I found the whole wheat added a unique flavor to it (and you can tell yourself it's healthier while you eat it...guilt free cookies! Haha)

While at Target, I discovered these lovely little guys; milk chocolate chips with caramel in the center. They work great for the recipe! Any brand of peanut butter chips will work, I grabbed Reese's because they were on sale...


Directions:

Preheat oven to 350° F.
Mix together:
  • 1 stick (1/2 cup) of soft butter
  • 1 1/2 cups of packed brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
Mix until creamy, then add:
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Mix, then add:
  • 2 cups of Whole Wheat Flour or White Flour
After fully combined add:
  • 9 ounce bag of caramel chocolate chips
  • 8 ounces, or 1 cup, of Peanut butter chips
Once fully mixed together, scoop tablespoon size balls onto a well greased cookie sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Careful not to over bake the cookies, they are not as flavorful when over done.

Once cooled, serve with coffee or an ice cold cup of milk. These are great to eat in front of a warm fire place with your favorite hot drink.

The cookies will surely be a hit! I'm not making them for a while purely because I can't stop eating them!! Hope you enjoy them as much as my taste buds did!


Nancy Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment