I enjoy making a batch of this Chili every Autumn. It is super hardy for those cold evenings (though, we have yet to experience a crisp Fall night yet this year!). The dish is delightful when accompanied by fries, cornbread, or all by itself.
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 cups pumpkin, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 cup corn- canned, fresh, or frozen
- 2 cups cooked black beans- from the can or fresh
- 2 cups diced fresh or canned tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups fresh peppers- I used bell peppers, but any variety will do
- 2 cups chicken or veggie broth
Hope you enjoy the Fallish cuisine!