Sunday, December 28, 2014

The Great Olive Oil Makeup Remover Experience

Image via: http://freevintagedigistamps.blogspot.com/2012/01/free-vintage-digi-stamps-olive-you.html

Olive oil is my best friend. You can cook, clean, and moisturize with it; what else can a girl ask for?

I have been using it for months now as makeup remover, and it has been fantastic. Just pour it on a cotton ball and wipe! The toughest of eye liners fall prey to the oil.

Oh, how amazing the magical liquid is.

However, with the pros comes the cons. Here is a list I created to describe my experience with the golden oil.

Pros:
  • No weird chemicals, all natural product.
  • Affordable: You can purchase an inexpensive bottle or a pricy one.
  • The wrinkles my skin is starting to develop under my eyes get moisturized.
  • Simple to use. 
  • Add a drop of Essential oil, such as peppermint, to olive oil for more benefits!
Cons:
  • Ants. The annoying creatures manage to find the used cotton balls in my trash can. Or, they climb onto the counter and find the bottle I forgot to close and take a dip into the bottle. Thus ruining a the whole container.
  • Leaves a bit of an oily residue on skin you need to wipe off with towel.
Despite the cons, I will continue to be a faithful user. Of course, be sure to test it on your skin first if you are feeling adventurous. 

If you give it a try, let us know about your experience!

Nancy Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment