Friday, June 6, 2014

Garlicy Sweet Marinade


I started developing this recipe years ago, adding and subtracting, finally achieving the final product. I enjoy testing marinades (before I put the raw meat in) to make sure I have a balance of flavors.

Garlic makes my taste buds happy, so almost all my savory recipes include the ingredient. The honey, brown sugar, and garlic mingle quite nicely, giving you a sweetish and garlicy taste.

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 heaping cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 3/4 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 4 garlic cloves, crushed
Whisk all the ingredients together, the honey will take a little while to get super liquidy. I like to separate the crushed garlic so that the flavor spreads out. Place in a ziplock bag with steak and marinate in the fridge for at least 2 1/2 hours. If you are making kabobs, make sure to have the meat chopped up before marinating.

 
I particularly enjoy using the marinade for kabobs. It tends to drip onto the veggies, giving them some kapow! Delightful!


Peppers, Mushrooms and Onions...yum!

Zucchini and onions, all homegrown and delicious. 

Nancy Jane  

No comments:

Post a Comment