Monday, April 14, 2014

Kool-aid Easter Eggs

Easter would not be the same without an egg dyeing party. K.E.G and I invited one of our dear friends over for the event! The fiesta itself was a blast, we ended up creating eggs that look like stones and dinosaurs eggs.

I kicked off the party by balancing a bowl of dozen eggs on the sink and having them all fall! Of course every single one cracked, but I personally think it added some flair and pizzazz to them. I really know how to get a party started!

This year we decided to experiment and colored our eggs with Kool-Aid! We added 2 packages of Kool-Aid to 8 ounces of water.

 
We enjoyed a cup of coffee, a nice batch of homemade strawberry scones and fresh homemade strawberry jam.

 

 
The gnome decided to hang out with us.

 
The Kool-aid made the water so bright and colorful.


 
Redish-brown eggs.

 
The purple ended up black, so I would use less of the purple Kool-Aid next time.

 
We made a mess.

 
Careful, while the egg is drying it's easy to scratch off the dye.
This white spot kind of looks like a dog.
 
 
You can see the cracks.

 
More messiness.

 
Finished product.

 
The eggs turned out to be a unique color. Next time I would fix the ratio of Kool-Aid to water to create more colorful eggs. I tend not to eat the eggs after I dye them, so if you do eat them watch out. I heard the egg does not taste very good after being colored with Kool-Aid.
 
With cracks and all, we had a jolly good time!
 
Nancy Jane


No comments:

Post a Comment