Friday, August 22, 2014

The Virtuous Pre-Wife, Part 3

He proposed to me under this tree.


For those who do not know, I recently got engaged to my ruggedly handsome man. I am so excited to spend the rest of my life with him!

Love my man!
As I excitedly wait for this new adventure in life, I find myself pondering about being a wife. Now moving forward to a new season; no longer waiting on the Lord to bring me a husband, but wondering how to be a Godly wife. How can I apply being a Proverbs 31 woman while engaged?

An excellent wife who can find? She is far more precious than jewels. The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain.
Proverbs 31:10-11
 
Singleness is spent on being single for the Lord. While it is still very important to live my life for the Lord, however, being engaged means it is no longer just about me. What I do with my life does not only affect me anymore. What can I do to be more precious than jewels for my future husband? What characteristics do I need to build upon?


 
To find out we need to look upon real life examples of Virtuous Wives.

Luckily, Mother Judith and my future Mother-in-Law are fantastic examples of the Proverbs 31 wife. Both were given different paths by the Lord, and both follow this path faithfully. They work, yet keep the house clean. They raised their children to follow the Lord, and to serve the Lord. Both create inviting homes for their husbands to come home to after a long day of working in hot Central Valley Summers.

She looks well to the ways of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.
Proverbs 31:27

They do not eat the bread of idleness.

As a single woman we can look at similar ladies as examples, however, it is even more important as an engaged woman. I want to create a cozy home, warm meals, and a loving space for my future husband.

Ask yourself during the time of engagement what traits you need to grow, and begin to work on them! Oh, I have so many flaws! I will be quite the work in progress, however, the Lord is on my side.

The next year shall be an adventure and I look forward to it. I cannot wait to marry my man!

Nancy Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment